News from the organising committees…
I am Co-chair of the organising committee for the latest in the biennial conference series “Magnonics”. The meeting will be held at Magdalen College Oxford in August 2017. For more information, or to get involved, click here.
This summer, I am organising a residential conference for teachers at Magdalen College, Oxford. This meeting will combine conversations about the links between humanities, arts, and science subjects, with information about the Oxford admissions process. Dates will be confirmed shortly. For more information, please contact me by email, or using the form here.
The IDA’s annual conference will take place from September 8-10, 2016. For more information click here.
Forthcoming conferences, seminars, and exhibitions
- Towards magnonic architectures in circuit QED, MMM 2016, Wednesday November 2, 2016, New Orleans, USA.
- Authenticity?, Impakt Festival 2016, Friday October 28, 2016, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Magnon propagation at millikelvin temperatures, Special Issue on Magnonics, Journal of Physics D. In preparation.
- The magnonic ear: acoustics as a vehicle for low dissipation, point excitation of magnetostatic spin-waves. Tsz C. Fung, Alexy D. Karenowska, and John F. Gregg. Submitted.
- Evidence for a common origin of spin-orbit torque and the Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction at a Ni80Fe20/Pt interface. Andrew J. Berger, Eric R. J. Edwards, Hans T. Nembach, Justin M. Shaw, Alexy D. Karenowska, Mathias Weiler, and Thomas J. Silva. Submitted. arXiv:1611.05798
Strong coupling of magnons in a YIG sphere to photons in a planar superconducting resonator in the quantum limit. Richard G. Morris, Arjan F. van Loo, Sandoko Kosen, and Alexy D. Karenowska. Submitted. arXiv:1610.09963
- Time-resolved measurements of surface spin-wave pulses at millikelvin temperatures. Arjan F. van Loo, Richard G. Morris, and Alexy D. Karenowska. arXiv:1610.08402
- The Textbook of Digital Archaeology, Oxford University Press, with Alan Bowman, Matthew Nicholls, and Ségolène Tarte.
- Excitation and detection of propagating spin waves at the single magnon level. Alexy D. Karenowska, Andrew D. Patterson, Michael J. Peterer, Einar B. Magnússon, and Peter J. Leek. Submitted. arXiv:1502.06263